Property inspections are one of the most important parts of a Landlord’s responsibilities. Your rental property is an asset, and it needs to be looked after properly. Regular inspections are a must, and insurance companies actually have inspection frequency and records as a condition of the cover they offer.
Your rental property will be scheduled for four regular inspections per calendar year and completed by your Property Manager. All inspections include:
- One week’s formal notice to the Tenant of an inspection
- Walk through of the whole property by your Property Manager
- Photographs of each room and area, inside and outside
- Room by room notes on any maintenance, damage and/or wear and tear
- Review of any chattels belonging to the owner – appliances, gardening tools, remote controls
- Review of Healthy Homes Standards compliance – smoke alarms, heating, moisture control
- Details of any Work Orders actioned following the inspection
- Online account access for you to all Inspection Reports and photographs
When a tenancy ends and your tenants move out, our Letting Specialist will complete a more comprehensive Vacant/Opening Inspection. This usually includes advertising photographs and (if appropriate) a video walk through for your Marketing Campaign. This inspection is in addition to the four regular inspections each year.
All inspections are visual only, non-invasive checks of areas of the property which are readily visible at the time of inspection. It doesn’t include anything concealed or closed in behind finished surfaces (such as plumbing, drainage, heating, framing, ventilation, insulation or wiring).
Anything which impedes access or limits visibility (floor coverings, furniture, appliances, personal property, vehicles, vegetation, debris or soil) is not moved.
Our inspection process is compliant with New Zealand insurance company requirements.